PLEXIGLAS® Hi Gloss is available in a range of colours and offers a quality alternative to acrylic sheet colours.
Providing a remarkable depth of colour, the material delivers a noble appearance and special deep-view effect thanks to a clear high gloss which is co-extruded with a colour effect, allowing the colours to be even more vibrant and intense.
PLEXIGLAS® Hi Gloss can be cut, routed, drilled, thermoformed and polished and thanks to it's excellent resistance to wet and dry conditions, the material is a popular choice for kitchen splashbacks and bathroom wall cladding.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All images are for demonstration purposes only. Different monitors and printers will have varying colour settings. We advise you to purchase a sample if you are concerned about exact colour matches. Samples can be purchased here.
Sockets: If you choose to have socket cut outs, please download the appropriate form:
- 1x Socket Cut Out - 2x Socket Cut Outs - 3x Socket Cut Outs
Radius Corners: Please send us details of which corner you would like the radius once you have placed your order. Click here for a guide on measuring the radius size.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I use acrylic behind my hob/cooker?
We do not advise the use of standard acrylic behind cookers or hobs however our range of Plexiglas® Hi-Gloss has a higher resistance to heat and therefore is suitable providing the following statements are observed:
- - Constant temperature remains equal to or below 105°C.
- - Distance between the outer edge of a ceramic hob and the wall must be at least 60mm.
- - Distance between the outer edge of a gas hob and the wall must be at least 200mm.
Do I need to use a special adhesive?
Yes. Acrylic is sensitive to solvents therefore you need to use a solvent-free adhesive like Siroflex® Mighty Stength Grip and Grab or similar. In addition, ensure the surface you are bonding to has a roughened surface area (i.e use abrasive paper on existing tiles to break the gloss) as this will help provide a secure bond.
How do you clean acrylic?
The surface of acrylic is susceptible to light scratches from cleaning therefore first and foremost we would advise customer's to purchase a bottle of Vuplex® Anti-Static Cleaner which we supply with a microfibre cloth suitable for acrylic.
- - Never wipe your acrylic product when dry.
- - Use a clean soft cloth, applying only light pressure.
- - If using a cleaning product other than Vuplex®, always check with the cleanser’s manufacturer for compatibility with acrylic.
- - DO NOT USE: Abrasive pads, alcohol, paint thinners, solvents, tile cleaners, abrasive cleaners, window cleaning sprays or shower scrubs.